Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

We're Back!

We are back!  Sorry about the long, loooong break between posts.  Blogging is not my forte, I have a tendency to wander off for long periods :D  Pea and I are doing great though!  Hard to believe she's been here 10 months now.  Living with a tiny fairy took some getting used to, but I have become very attached to her and can't imagine her not being here.  My husband enjoys her company as well.

Summer has FINALLY come to Alaska, and in a big way- it was 90 degrees here for a few days.  Gross in a place where people don't have air conditioning!  That after a very, very long winter where we had snow on the ground well into May.  When summer does arrive though, it's hard to remember winter.  Pea is of course thrilled with the return of summer.  She seemed happy enough tootling around this winter, and spent lots of time snuggling our bunnies, sewing and crocheting, and cooking and baking lots of treats, with the occasional rodeo ride on our cat tossed in for fun and apparently to terrify me. We got said cat in December (which is quite a story all on its own) and he is gentle, but it's still very nerve wracking!  She also somehow or other she even tended an indoor flower garden, which I will share with you later.

I have to wonder what she did during the winters in the botanical garden before she lived with us.  Pea still does not talk, and at this point I would probably drop dead from shock if she did.  How she spent her winters is one of many questions I'd love to ask her, but I just content myself with her company.  And even without talking, she's pretty good at getting her message across.  I could tell from all the staring out the windows at the snow and heavy sighs that she was just as ready for summer as us humans.

I am a bit of a worry wart when it comes to Pea going outside on her own.  While I fully realize she survived to adulthood (I think?  Not sure if she's an adult or what!) without my protection, there are lots of animals around here that would love to gobble her up, so Pea and I have been spending a lot of time outside.  Here are a few pictures from earlier today.

Pea loves the wild rose bush by our house.  The stems are covered in long, slender, very sharp thorns, but she scampers up quick as anything and doesn't get pricked:


Relaxing and looking at the clouds:


She's also very fond of our big rainbow pinwheel, I wonder if all fairies are drawn to bright colors:


The dancing gnome and turtle are just a statue but Pea is endlessly entertained by them.  I think she wishes they were alive so they would play with her:


Well, that's it for now!  Tomorrow or in a couple of days I will post about some of the other dolls that live here.  We also have exciting news to share!

2 comments:

  1. It's so good to see a post form you! Pea is adorable as ever, and it's nice to get an update.
    I look forward to your next posts.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete